The T. Howard Foundation is happy to announce the recipients of the 2014 Scott Weiss Scholarship, an annual merit-based award granted to eligible alumni of THF’s Internship Program.
Now in its 16th year, the THF alumni scholarship provides eligible former interns with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits, including college tuition, textbooks and/or expenses related to professional development, such as conferences and workshops that help prepare recipients for a career in the media industry.
“Awarding the Scott Weiss Scholarship is another way that the T. Howard Foundation demonstrates its commitment and support of our alumni,” said Jo Pamphile, THF President & CEO. “We are proud to invest in our students’ future success in the media industry.”
This year, THF awarded $15,000 in scholarships, and individual scholarships can range up to $2,500.
2014 Scott Weiss Scholarship Award Recipients (including current institution, expected undergraduate graduation year, THF internship program year and internship host company):
- Jillian Baker (University of Southern California ’16), THF ’14, Viacom (BET Networks)
- Ramone Farrier (San Jose State University ’16), THF ’14, HBO
- Alexandria Fontanez (SUNY New Paltz ’14), THF ’13 and ’14, A+E Networks
- Alexandra Givan (University of Maryland, College Park ’16), THF ’14, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- Claytia Gonsalves (Georgetown University ’15), THF ’14, Scripps Networks
- Pearly Hidron (Baruch College ’15), THF ’14, NBCUniversal
- Gabrielle LeGendre (Penn State University ’15), THF ’14, Viacom
- Odalis Lopez (University of Maryland, College Park), THF ’13 and ’14, HBO
- Asia Nelson (Brown University ’15), THF ’14, BBC Worldwide America
- Danyel Semple (Georgetown University ’15), THF ’13 and ’14, BBC Worldwide America and HBO