Now in its 17th year, the alumni scholarship provides eligible former interns with financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits, including college tuition, textbooks and/or expenses related to professional development, such as conferences and workshops that help prepare recipients for a career in the media industry.
This year, THF awarded $15,000 in scholarships, and individual scholarships can range up to $3,000.
The scholarship is named in honor of Scott Weiss, THF founder and Chairman Emeritus. He is currently CEO and Owner of Speakeasy, a THF partner company.
2015 Scott Weiss Scholarship Award Recipients are (including current institution, expected undergraduate graduation year, THF internship program year and internship host company):
- Eric Chavous (University of Pittsburgh, MBA and Law student), THF ’15, Paramount Pictures
- Nicole Dei (University of Maryland, College Park, Broadcast Journalism, ’16), THF ’15, NBCUniversal
- Paul DiNapoli (University of Pennsylvania, Economics/Political Science,’17), THF ’15, Comcast Corporation
- Robyn Green (University of Michigan, Communications, ’16), THF ’15, AMC Networks
- Ying Ting Hu (SUNY Binghamton University, Economics/Psychology, ’16), THF ’15, AMC Networks
- Nazifa Nasim (Fordham University, Business Administration, ’17), THF ’15, Discovery Communications
- Dorisa Rodney (Pennsylvania State University, Advertising, ’16), THF ’15, NBCUniversal
- Isabelle Thenor-Louis (Brown University, Anthropology, ’16), THF ’15, Viacom (BET)
- Lyn Tran (Brown University, Economics, ’17), THF ’15, Univision